Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Episode 2: Harvard?

This article is very short and to the point. It was originally written on August 16, 2007. At this point, I still had yet to work an event.


As some of you might know, I recently got a job with TeamOps, which is a company that handles sporting events, providing security, ushers, ticket takers, et cetera. I’m ushering at the Patriots two home pre-season games, as well as Boston College football’s home opener against Wake Forest.


I just wanted to share my first major disappointment with my new job. The bosses had told us that this week TeamOps would be announcing their partnership with another venue in the Boston area.


I was hoping it would be TD BankNorth Garden, so I could go to Celtics and Bruins games and get paid to do it. I thought it might be BU, which wouldn’t be so bad, working Hockey East games, or Northeastern. Plus I have a lot of friends that go to these institutions.


The new venue for TeamOps was, drum roll………………….





Harvard University.


I shall not be working games for Harvard. As much as I’d love to see Ivy League basketball (yawn), I’d rather watch my toe nails grow.


I've actually worked a pair of football games at Harvard, and enjoyed both of them. If their football and hockey games didn't so often conflict with Boston College's, I'd like to work there more often. I've also become quite a fan of the Harvard women's hockey team.

No comments:

Post a Comment